About dlc

Who is dlc?

We are a specialist debt collection agency who work with a wide range of clients. dlc is a trading name of Hillesden Securities Limited.

Hillesden Securities Limited is an appointed representative of Cabot Credit Management Limited (CCM), which means that we carry out regulated activities on behalf of CCM. For more information, please see the Compliance and Regulation section.

Where are you based?

dlc is based in Brackley, a town in Northamptonshire.

Cabot Credit Management Limited operates from their head office in Kent but have other offices in the UK, Ireland and Europe.

Why are you contacting me?

We are likely to be contacting you regarding an account we are now managing.

How can I contact you?

Visit our Contact us page.

How much does it cost to call you?

From a landline and a mobile, calls to our 03 numbers will be charged at local rate and calls to our 0800 numbers are free.

Your account

Where can I find my reference number?

Your dlc reference number or client account number can be found on any letter we have sent you. Alternatively, please call us so we can assist you.

How can I tell you that I am dealing with a debt management / money advice company?

You can either:

  • Complete the authority form on mydlc.co.uk to give us their details,
  • Call and give us these details over the phone, or
  • Contact the company you are dealing with and ask them to contact us.

How can I request more information about my account?

Contact us with details of the information you would like and we will assist you.

You have written to me but this is not my account?

If you believe this is not your account, contact us so we can discuss and investigate further.

Paying us

Who do I pay?

Payments should be sent to dlc directly. Please see ‘How do I pay’ for all our payment methods. If you have any queries, please contact us.

How do I pay?

You can pay using the following methods:

  • Online – Click here to make a payment
  • Debit Card (including recurring payments)
  • Direct Debit
  • Bank Transfers
  • Standing Orders
  • PayPoint – Find the bar code on the back of our letters
  • At a Bank or Post Office
  • Cheque via Post (Please ensure your dlc reference is written on the back)
  • Credit Card (Contact us to confirm if this option is available on your account)

Can I pay monthly payments on my account?

Yes. We can set up an affordable monthly payment plan with you. To do this, we will ask you about your financial circumstances and if necessary, your personal situation. Please either:

  • Call us to discuss your situation
  • Register online with us to complete the Customer Affordability Statement Calculator and Offer a payment area of this site. This will then be reviewed and we will contact you if we need any further information
We review all of our payment plans annually unless otherwise agreed.

Can I offer you a settlement as a lump sum payment to close my account?

This option is dependent on your financial and personal situation. It also depends whether a settlement is available on your account. Call us to find out more.

Why do I have to give you my income and expenditure details?

We ask for these details because we want to ensure that any payment option we agree with you is affordable. We can then also take all of your situation into consideration to either offer you the most appropriate support or the most suitable payment options.

How will payments be shown on my bank statement?

Payments made by card or Direct Debit will show on your bank statement as dlc. Other payment methods will vary.

What happens if I am unable to make my payments?

The best thing to do is to call us so we can discuss the option that is best for your situation. We can then make changes to your account depending on this.

If you would prefer, you can also email or write to us explaining your situation.

Where can I go for independent financial advice?

Visit our getting help page for details of some free money advice agencies. These companies offer free and impartial advice but may also be able to assist with other solutions to help you become debt free.

Compliance and regulation

Who regulates you?

Cabot Credit Management Group Limited (CCM), registered in England and Wales with Company No. 4934534, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with firm reference number 677910. As a result of this, CCM has all the relevant regulatory and statutory permissions for their purchasing companies to acquire debt and to appoint representatives or operational companies to recover and/or administer debts on their behalf.

dlc is an authorised representative of CCM therefore are exempt from FCA authorisation.

Our main trade body in the United Kingdom is the Credit Services Association. They operate a Code of Practice which is used for assuring quality and professionalism in our industry and as the benchmark for best practice.

This is evidenced through our accreditation as a company in the Collectors Accreditation Initiative. Our individuals pass the high threshold of this test and is a benchmark for individuals’ knowledge of our industry standards and compliance.

CCM Group and dlc are also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection and security purposes under registration ZA144215 and Z5721198.

What is an appointed representative?

An appointed representative (AR) is a person or firm who are permitted to carry out certain regulated activities and act as an agent for a principal firm.

The principal firm is directly authorised by the FCA and takes full responsibility for the activities of the appointed representative.

Cabot Credit Management Group Limited is a principal regulated firm and with the permission of the FCA, has appointed its operational companies Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited and Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited as appointed representatives to perform debt recovery and/or debt administration activities on its behalf. This also includes dlc.

You can find out more about this by visiting the FCA website.

Who has oversight of dlc’s actions?

Cabot Credit Management Group Limited (CCM) has full regulatory responsibility and oversight for our actions. They perform compliance monitoring and independent audits to ensure dlc are compliant within the required regulatory framework in which we are required to operate.

Why does the FCA website say dlc’s permissions have lapsed? Does this mean you are not authorised?

The FCA register shows permission for Hillesden Securities Limited t/a dlc has lapsed because we have been made an appointed representative of Cabot Credit Management Group Limited (CCM). We are authorised to perform debt recovery and debt administration activities on their behalf and CCM have full regulatory responsibility and oversight for our actions and are not exempt from FCA authorisation.

To confirm this via the FCA Register, search for Cabot Credit Management, and Hillesden Securities t/a dlc will be listed as an appointed representative.

Are you authorised to collect money from me?

Yes we are. Cabot Credit Management Group Limited has appointed us as an authorised representative to administer the accounts purchased by the Cabot Credit Management Group or collect debt on behalf of the relevant client.

Is my money protected if Hillesden Securities Limited t/a dlc is not authorised?

As we do not operate like a bank or investment firm, we are not covered by the Financial Service Compensation Scheme. However, we do have appropriate controls in place to ensure that your money is securely applied to your account following regulatory requirements and in a timely manner.

Cabot Credit Management Group Limited monitors our compliance with these arrangements and audits our financial controls on a regular basis.

Why should I disclose my personal data when I contact you?

Before we can discuss any details of an account, we have to confirm that we are speaking to the customer or their authorised representative. To confirm this, we request confirmation of various pieces personal data such as the customers’ full name or post code.

How will my account be reported to the Credit Reference Agencies (CRA’s)?

We report to the main 3 CRA’s; Experian, Equifax and Call Credit on a monthly basis and this will incorporate any changes to an account. To find out if we report your account to the CRA’s, please contact us.

How will my account be updated on my credit file?

If your account is reported to the Credit Reference Agencies and the full balance is paid, the record will be updated as 'satisfied' indicating that the full balance has been cleared.

If your account is reported to the Credit Reference Agencies and a discount has been applied (or when discharged from insolvency proceedings), we will update your record as 'partially settled'. This indicates that the account has been cleared but with a lesser amount than the balance owed.

A default (D) or status 8 will remain on your credit file for a period of 6 years from the date of default.

How do I make a complaint?

If you are not happy with the service you have received from us, contact us and we will aim to put this right as soon as possible. Click here to download and read our complaints procedure.

What if I am not happy with your response?

If you are not happy with how we have handled your complaint, your account may fall within the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who may be able to look at your complaint further. Alternatively, you can escalate your complaint to the Credit Services Association (CSA).

Will I be treated fairly by Hillesden Securities Limited t/a dlc?

Our aim is to treat each of our customers with empathy and respect. We want to ensure you receive fair treatment and a positive outcome every time you deal with us.

To ensure this happens, we have dedicated controls, procedures and systems in place. As we record all of our calls, we are able to monitor activities and ensure we comply with our regulatory obligations and our own customer promises.

Occasionally we may ask you to complete a survey or leave feedback for us so we can continuously improve our processes.

What is your Customer Promise?

We aim to treat all of our Customers with:

  • Empathy and Respect
  • Individual Treatment
  • Positive Experience
  • Fair Outcomes

We monitor our interactions with our customers against our Customer Promise, in addition to our regulatory obligations, through internal reporting and external benchmarking activity. We also recognise that our employees are core to our organisation and are assessed based on our ETHICAL Values, quality and customer engagement and are not assessed or paid based on financial targets alone.

We are also members of the Institute of Customer Service and participate in the UKCSI Business Benchmarking Survey which tracks our customer satisfaction scores against other companies within the financial sector, including banks and building societies.

Other information

I have received a letter saying that you have sold the account to ME III Limited. Who is ME III Limited and why have I received this letter?

Hillesden Securities Limited trading as dlc has sold your account(s) to ME III Limited, a purchasing company, and is required by law to provide you notice in writing of the legal assignment of your account(s).

Both dlc and ME III Limited are part of Cabot Credit Management Group Limited (CCM). On 1 April 2016, dlc became an appointed representative of CCM. As a result we now cannot by law hold or own portfolios of debt therefore these have sold to ME III Limited.

As my debt has been sold from Hillesden Securities to ME III Limited who will report and make updates to my credit file?

Both ME III Limited and Hillesden Securities Limited trading as dlc are part of the Cabot Credit Management Group. Cabot Credit Management Group Limited will show as the company that reports your account information to the Credit Reference Agencies.